Gilles Heckel is a counsel in the Corporate - M&A practice group of Baker McKenzie Luxembourg. Prior to joining the Firm in May 2017, he worked for a French law firm member of the global network Deloitte, a British-German international law firm, and a Paris business law firm.
Gilles focuses on domestic and international M&A. He practices mainly in the area of corporate law, but also in the areas of real estate and private equity. He advises local and international clients on the structuring of international transactions, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, group reorganizations and corporate governance issues.
In addition to the above core practice, Gilles has experience in capital markets law.
- Luxembourg (2017)
- Paris~France (2010)
- District of Columbia~United States (2007)
- Vermont Law School (LLM American Legal Studies ) (2007)
- Cergy Pontoise University (Master's Degree in Corporate, Business and Tax Law (DJCE)) (2006)
- Cergy Pontoise University (Master's Degree in Corporate and Business Law) (2005)
- Author, “Overview of changes to the rights of listed companies shareholders, following transposition of the Directive 2007/36/CE dated July 17, 2007,” Revue de droit bancaire et financier, September – October 2011
- Author, “Voting Rights of listed companies: new constraints for proxy holders,” Option Finance, June 6, 2011 (# 1128)
Baker & McKenzie Luxembourg is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.