Dr. Robin Haas is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie’s Munich office. He is a member of our Compliance and Investigation Group and one of our Munich innovation ambassadors. Robin joined the Firm in 2015 after studying law in Mannheim (Dr. jur.), Swansea (University of Wales, Erasmus) and New York (Columbia University, LLM). He has previously worked in our offices in Frankfurt, Zurich and New York.
Robin advises on a wide range of corporate law and compliance matters, with particular emphasis on corporate compliance issues. In his compliance practice, Robin's main focus is on conducting and managing (cross border) internal investigations, the structuring of compliance management systems and programs as well as compliance risk assessments. His advice covers all stages of corporate compliance: prevention, investigation, interaction with public authorities, remediation and litigation related to compliance issues. In his corporate practice, Robin's main focus is on assisting limited liability companies (GmbHs) and corporations (AGs) on corporate law matters. He also provides business oriented advice relating to liability issues for company management, including D&O questions and company claims for breach of duties. In his compliance related due diligence work, Robin leverages his experience and knowledge from both his compliance and corporate practices. Throughout his practice, Robin uses his experience as one of our innovation ambassadors to assist his clients with innovative legal tech solutions.
Representative Legal Matters
- German Subsidiary of US listed Company: Advised in an internal investigation following a raid by police in a case involving allegations of bid rigging.
- Infrastructure Company: Advised in an internal investigation of a former managing director and the subsequent litigation with the managing director.
- International Banks: Advised in cross-border internal investigations involving multiple public authorities (tax and AML issues).
- International Logistic Company: Advised in a cross-border FCPA-related internal investigation with a focus on Russia and involving several public authorities (incl. US DOJ/SEC).
- German Subsidiary of US listed Company: Advised in an internal investigation covering tax, labor law and bribery allegations and involving several public authorities.
- Several International Companies: Advised in the implementation of indemnification concepts for directors and officers, also involving D&O insurers and across international subsidiaries.
- German Aviation Company operating worldwide: Conducted a compliance risk assessment with a focus on anti-bribery and -corruption, export control and antitrust.
- German Media Company: Conducted a compliance risk assessment with a focus on anti-bribery and -corruption, antitrust and anti-money laundering.
- Several International Companies: Advised on the implementation and/or restructuring of compliance organizations, including compliance documentation (e.g. codes of conduct; ABC guidelines) and the respective processes.
- Several International Companies: Conducted compliance related due diligence reviews with respect to various compliance areas.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German American Lawyers Association (DAJV) - Member
- Association of Commercial Criminal Defence Lawyers (WisteV) - Member
- Germany (2015)
- University of Mannheim (Dr. jur.) (2015)
- Referendariat District Court Mannheim (Assessor Exam) (2014)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M.) (2012)
- University of Mannheim (Referendar Exam) (2010)
- New York
- Co-author (with Stephanie Tuma and Tobias Beck), "Draft law on the reorganization of the German transparency register (E-TraFinG Gw)," "Regierungsentwurf zur Neugestaltung des Transparenzregisters (E-TraFinG Gw)," Baker McKenzie Client Alert, 22 April 2021
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.