Robin advises on a wide range of corporate law and compliance matters, with particular emphasis on corporate compliance issues.
In his compliance practice, Robin's main focus is on conducting and managing (cross-border) internal investigations, the structuring of compliance management systems and programs as well as compliance risk assessments. His advice covers all stages of corporate compliance: prevention, investigation, interaction with public authorities, remediation and litigation related to compliance issues.
In his corporate practice, Robin's main focus is on assisting limited liability companies (GmbHs) and corporations (AGs) on corporate law matters. He also provides business-oriented advice relating to liability issues for company management, including D&O questions and company claims for breach of duties.
Throughout his practice, Robin uses his experience as one of our innovation ambassadors to assist his clients with innovative legal tech solutions.
Representative Legal Matters
- German subsidiary of US-listed company: Advised in an internal investigation following a raid by police in a case involving allegations of bid rigging.
- Infrastructure company: Advised in an internal investigation of a former managing director and the subsequent litigation with the managing director.
- Several international banks: Advised in cross-border internal investigations involving multiple public authorities (tax and AML issues).
- International logistic company: Advised in a cross-border FCPA-related internal investigation with a focus on Russia and involving several public authorities (including US DOJ/SEC).
- German subsidiary of US-listed company: Advised in an internal investigation covering tax, labor law and bribery allegations and involving several public authorities.
- Several international companies: Advised in the implementation of indemnification concepts for directors and officers, also involving D&O insurers and across international subsidiaries.
- Several German companies with international operations: Conducted compliance risk assessments.
- Several international companies: Advised on the implementation and/or restructuring of compliance organizations, including compliance documentation (e.g., codes of conduct, ABC guidelines) and the respective processes.
- International green energy company: Advised on the termination of a cross-border joint venture with multiple entities.
- Several companies: Advised on the handling of dawn raids conducted by public authorities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German American Lawyers Association (DAJV) - Member
- Association of Commercial Criminal Defence Lawyers (WisteV) - Member
- Germany (2015)
- University of Mannheim (Dr. jur.) (2015)
- Referendariat District Court Mannheim (Assessor Exam) (2014)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M.) (2012)
- University of Mannheim (Referendar Exam) (2010)