Representative Legal Matters
- German Subsidiary of US listed Company: Advised in an internal investigation following a raid by police in a case involving allegations of bid rigging.
- Infrastructure Company: Advised in an internal investigation of a former managing director and the subsequent litigation with the managing director.
- International Banks: Advised in cross-border internal investigations involving multiple public authorities (tax and AML issues).
- International Logistic Company: Advised in a cross-border FCPA-related internal investigation with a focus on Russia and involving several public authorities (incl. US DOJ/SEC).
- German Subsidiary of US listed Company: Advised in an internal investigation covering tax, labor law and bribery allegations and involving several public authorities.
- Several International Companies: Advised in the implementation of indemnification concepts for directors and officers, also involving D&O insurers and across international subsidiaries.
- German Aviation Company operating worldwide: Conducted a compliance risk assessment with a focus on anti-bribery and -corruption, export control and antitrust.
- German Media Company: Conducted a compliance risk assessment with a focus on anti-bribery and -corruption, antitrust and anti-money laundering.
- Several International Companies: Advised on the implementation and/or restructuring of compliance organizations, including compliance documentation (e.g. codes of conduct; ABC guidelines) and the respective processes.
- Several International Companies: Conducted compliance related due diligence reviews with respect to various compliance areas.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German American Lawyers Association (DAJV) - Member
- Association of Commercial Criminal Defence Lawyers (WisteV) - Member
- Germany (2015)
- University of Mannheim (Dr. jur.) (2015)
- Referendariat District Court Mannheim (Assessor Exam) (2014)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M.) (2012)
- University of Mannheim (Referendar Exam) (2010)
- New York
- Co-author (with Stephanie Tuma and Tobias Beck), "Draft law on the reorganization of the German transparency register (E-TraFinG Gw)," "Regierungsentwurf zur Neugestaltung des Transparenzregisters (E-TraFinG Gw)," Baker McKenzie Client Alert, 22 April 2021
Managing Director: Dr. Matthias Scholz
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.