Laura is an associate in the Private Mergers & Acquisitions department at Baker McKenzie's Corporate Group, based in London. Laura joined the Corporate department of Baker McKenzie - Caracas as a law clerk in 2011. She then started working as an associate in 2012 until 2014. After completing her Master of Laws at Cambridge University in August 2015, Laura joined the London office as an associate and is experienced in cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations and corporate advisory.
Laura is one of the London office’s leading professionals with respect to warranty and indemnity insurance and related deal-risk products, advising clients and the wider BM network on policy placements around the globe.
Representative Legal Matters
- Working on a wide range of in-house matters during a client secondment to Takeda Pharmaceuticals (on-going).
- Advising GSK on its joint venture with Pfizer's Consumer Healthcare business to create the World's largest over the counter healthcare business.
- Advising Zebra Technologies Corporation on the acquisition of a global provider of B2B artificial intelligence solutions.
- Advising Medgulf on the sale of Omnilife Insurance to RGA.
- Advising LVMH on the due diligence of a target operating luxury hotels, train services and river cruises around the world.
- Advising Sodexo on the due diligence of a UK target operating a membership based discounts and offers platform.
- Advising a financial institution with the acquisition of an asset management business.
- Advising Suez on the USD 3.2 billion acquisition of GE's Water & Process Technologies business.
- Advising Emerson Electric Co on the USD 3 billion acquisition of Pentair's Valves & Controls business.
- Advising DayMen with the disposal of its UK business to the Vitec Group.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- England & Wales (Solicitor) (2017)
- Venezuela (2013)
- University of Cambridge (Master of Laws (LL.M.) First-Class Honours) (2015)
- Universidad Metropolitana (Post-Graduate International Business Specialisation Degree - Cum Laude GPA) (2014)
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello (Cum Laude Law Degree - Class Valedictorian) (2012)