Laura is a senior associate in the Private M&A department at Baker McKenzie's Corporate Group, based in London. Laura joined the London office as an associate and specialises in cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations and corporate advisory with a particular focus on complex multijurisdictional carve-outs in the industrial and technology sectors.
Laura is one of the London office’s leading professionals with respect to warranty and indemnity insurance and related deal-risk products, advising clients and the wider BM network on policy placements around the globe.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Autajon Packaging on the acquisition of a packaging business in the UK.
- Advising Baker Hughes on the sale and carve out of the Nexus Control business to GE.
- Advising KKR on the joint venture with Coty Inc. in connection with the sale of the Professional and Retail Hair business.
- Advising Suez on the divestment of its UK business.
- Working on a wide range of in-house matters during a client secondment to Takeda Pharmaceuticals.
- Advising GSK on its joint venture with Pfizer's Consumer Healthcare business to create the World's largest over the counter healthcare business.
- Advising Zebra Technologies Corporation on the acquisition of a global provider of B2B artificial intelligence solutions.
- Advising Medgulf on the sale of Omnilife Insurance to RGA.
- Advising LVMH on the due diligence of a target operating luxury hotels, train services and river cruises around the world.
- Advising Sodexo on the due diligence of a UK target operating a membership based discounts and offers platform.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- England & Wales (Solicitor) (2017)
- Venezuela (2013)
- University of Cambridge (Master of Laws (LL.M.), first-class honours) (2015)
- Universidad Metropolitana (Post-Graduate International Business Specialisation Degree, cum laude GPA) (2014)
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello (Law Degree, class valedictorian, cum laude) (2012)
- Co-author, "Mitigating ESG Risks in M&A Transactions", Baker McKenzie / Howden, June 2020