Anna George is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Real Estate Practice Group in London. Anna joined the Firm in October 2019, having previously trained at a large international law firm. She has also spent time on client secondment to the legal team of a major insurance company.
Anna practices in all areas of real estate law, in particular, advising on commercial landlord and tenant matters, acquisitions and disposals and property management work. Anna has been involved in property finance transactions and has also acted on corporate transactions from a real estate perspective.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a property investor on the acquisition of the office element of the iconic Royal Exchange in the City of London.
- Advising a leading financial institution on the financing of a large retailer’s headquarters in Paddington, London.
- Advising a Singaporean investor on its debut acquisition of student accommodation in Manchester.
- Assisting with the GBP 790 million development financing for Phase 1 of Battersea Power Station.
- Advising high net worth individuals on the purchase of high value residential properties in London.
- Acting for an overseas open-ended fund on the disposal of a 140,000 square foot City of London office building for over GBP 100 million.
- Advising a real estate fund on the management of over GBP 500 million of Central London investment properties.
- Assisting with the real estate aspects of share and asset sales and acquisitions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Law Society of England & Wales – Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2019)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.