Lamyaa Gadelhak advises on banking and finance, project finance, EMI, M&A, environmental markets and climate change matters. She is consistently ranked by Chambers & Partners for her work in banking and finance.
Lamyaa has contributed to various publications, offering insight on renewable energy, emissions trading, climate change, and carbon capture and storage. She is also a frequent speaker on related topics at industry conferences.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented an international banking group in a USD 469 million Italian Export Credit Agency SACE- covered buyer credit term loan facility agreement.
- Represented a food and beverage company in a USD 372 million syndicated structured Islamic istin'a and ijara facility through senior and mezzanine arrangements and murabaha working capital facility.
- Acted for a group of banks in the USD 3.7 billion project financing for a greenfield refinery project in Mostorod.
- Acted for a chemical producer in connection with the construction of a USD 454 million greenfield olefins complex consisting of a 2.5 MTPA Naphtha Cracker and 2 x 450,000 MTPA Polyethylene Complex at Ain Sokhna on the Suez coast of Egypt.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Institute for Energy Law of the Center for American and International Law - Member
- Egyptian Bar Association - Member
- Egypt (2005)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (LLM International and European Business Law) (2007)
- Cairo University (Bachelor of Law) (2004)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (Maitrise in Business Law) (2004)
Co-author, Baker & McKenzie’s International Guide Contaminated Land, November 2015
Contributor, “The Future for Clean Energy in Africa,” Baker McKenzie, June 2013
Speaker, Euromoney Conference, Egypt, 2010
Speaker, "Women in the Legal Profession," Legal Web II Conference, March 2017