Natalie Flores is currently the regional knowledge attorney for North America and Latin America in the Global Antitrust & Competition Group in the Firm's Mexico City Office. She has over ten years of experience as an attorney, and manages and executes regional and global legal content projects, training and initiatives for the Competition Group within the context of the Firm's knowledge strategy across the region.
Natalie oversees all regional knowledge for the antitrust and competition group for the Americas, including thought leadership, client training, and publications, amongst other antitrust initiatives for the region, assisting with a diverse range of industry clients. She has experience in handling competition litigation, compliance, anticorruption, and data privacy matters. She is an active member of the Firm's various industry groups, with a focus in the Technology, Energy, and the Consumer Goods practice groups of Baker.Natalie is on the Board for Mujeres en Energias Renovables en México (MERM), an association dedicated to promoting the development of women in renewable energy, and concentrates on advocating for renewables and the empowerment of women in the sector.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented clients in the automotive and manufacturing industry in unfair competition matters, and FTC allegations.
- Represented clients in competition, consumer protection matters, and class action litigation.
- Advised automotive and renewable energy companies in developing compliance programs.
- Assisted clients in the energy, automotive, and technology sector, in antitrust matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Mexico Committee, Vice Chair of Diversity, Vice Chair of Social Media.
- New York (2010)
- New Jersey (2009)
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (Post Graduate Diploma in Mexican Energy Law) (2017)
- Stanford University (Energy Innovation and Emerging Technologies Program ) (2016)
- Seton Hall University School of Law (Juris Doctor) (2009)
- Humboldt University of Berlin (Negotiation, Mediation and Arbitration) (2006)
Speaker, "Distributed Generation: Challenges and Opportunities in Distributed Solar in Mexico, Perspectives from the Value Chain," Solar Power Mexico, 2019.
Moderator, "Options for End Users and Grid Democratization," Electricity Reform Forum in Mexico, 2018.
Speaker, "Environmental and Social Impacts of the Renewable Energy Sector in Mexico," Energyear Mexico, 2018.
Speaker, "Solar Project Development from 0 to 100," International Congress of Energy, State of Jalisco, 2018.
Moderator, "Construction of Solar (PV) projects in Mexico," Solar Industry Forum in Mexico, American Chamber of Commerce in Mexico (AMCHAM), 2018.