Jean-François Findling is a founder of the Firm’s Luxembourg office. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he established his own law firm in 2009 and was a partner in a leading Luxembourg firm. Mr. Findling is regularly recommended by Legal 500 for his extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions and private equity.
Mr. Findling advises clients on issues relating to mergers and acquisitions and group reorganizations. He routinely works with private equity funds on structuring their investments, and has significant experience in advising Luxembourg banks and insurance firms on acquisitions and joint ventures. Mr. Findling also acts for both lenders and borrowers in a range of international finance transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a US fund on the acquisition of Luxembourg insurance companies.
- Advised a French asset management bank on its Luxembourg joint venture with another French bank.
- Regularly advises a Turkish private equity fund on various LBOs.
- Regularly advises Spanish and Pan-African private equity houses on structuring of their investments through Luxembourg.
- Regularly advises US multinationals on the reorganization of their groups of companies and use of Luxembourg corporate and contractual hybrid instruments.
- Advised a Luxembourg fund on a joint venture investment with a asset management company.
- Advised a US fund for its investment and divestments in a company listed on the Zurich stock exchange.
- Luxembourg (2003)
- Strasbourg~France (1997)
Baker & McKenzie Luxembourg is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.