Laura is a partner of the Transactional Practice group. She advises clients on a broad range of corporate and transactional matters including, domestic and cross-border acquisitions, corporate restructurings, private equity, venture capital as well providing general corporate counseling.
Ms. Estrada Vásquez has notable experience in M&A and corporate counseling. Her practice involves foreign and local clients in numerous industries with an emphasis on cross-border M&A transactions and private equity. Her experience includes drafting and negotiating transactional agreements and corporate documents, analysis of transactional structures, coordination and supervision of local and multi-jurisdictional due diligence teams, preparation of legal memoranda, as well as incorporation and liquidation of companies. She assists in all phases of acquisition, merger or sale processes of companies. Ms. Estrada Vásquez is admitted to practice law in New York and Colombia.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Johnson & Johnson in connection with the spin-off of its consumer health business.
- Advising Sanofi in the sale of its generics business in Colombia, Peru and Ecuador.
- Advised The Nielsen Company on its divestiture of Nielsen IQ to Advent International for USD 2.7 billion.
- Advised Nielsen IQ on the acquisition of Label Insight, Inc.
- Advised Unilever on the acquisition of The Laundress, LLC.
- Advised private equity fund Monomoy Capital Partners and its portfolio company Construction Resources Holdings, LLC on the acquisition of United Materials, Inc.
- Advised JMA Wireless on its acquisition of Phazr Inc.
- Advised on the acquisition of 30% shareholding interest in the frequent flyer program Lifemiles by the private equity fund Advent International.
- Advised private equity fund Advent International on its acquisition of a majority shareholding interest in Grupo Transmerquim, S.A., a leading chemical distributor in Latin America.
- Advised on the acquisition of a controlling shareholding interest of Gas Natural S.A. E.S.P. by Brookfield Infrastructure.
- Advised private equity fund Altra Investments on the sale of Proenfar S.A.S. and its subsidiaries to Weener Plastic Iberica, S.L.U, a subsidiary of Weener Plastics.
- New York~United States (2019)
- Colombia (2011)
- Harvard Law School (LLM) (2017)
- University of Los Andes (Specialization Commercial Law) (2012)
- University of Los Andes (LLB, with Honors) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.