Laura is an associate and a member of the M&A and Corporate practice group. She has more than five years of experience as a lawyer. She has practiced in several areas, particularly in M&A, corporate law, foreign exchange, and taxes.
Laura has notable experience in M&A and corporate law. Her practice involves foreign and local clients in numerous industries with an emphasis on cross-border transactions. Her experience includes drafting and negotiation of agreements and corporate documents, analysis of transactional structures, coordination and supervision of local and multi-jurisdictional due diligence teams, preparation of legal memoranda, as well as incorporation and liquidation of companies. She assists in all phases of acquisition, merger or sale processes of companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the acquisition of 30% shareholding interest in a frequent flyer program in Latin America by a global private equity firm.
- Advised on a global private equity firm’s acquisition of a majority shareholding interest in the second-largest chemical distributor in Latin America.
- Colombia (2011)
- Harvard Law School (LLM) (2017)
- University of Los Andes (Specialization Commercial Law) (2012)
- University of Los Andes (LLB with Honors) (2011)