Kiyoshi Endo is a member of the Firm’s Corporate/M&A Practice Group in Tokyo. He has experience working as a secondee at the London subsidiary of a Japanese securities firm. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he worked as a managing associate at Linklaters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Panasonic on its acquisition of Zetes, a Belgian publicly-listed company, for EUR 149.6 million.
- Acted for Japan Pulp and Paper on its acquisition of BJ Ball and Doggett groups operated in Australia and New Zealand.
- Acted for Yanmar Holdings on its acquisition of an 18% stake in International Tractors in India from US investment fund Blackstone for approximately JPY 25 billion.
- Acted for Sompo Holdings on its regional non-life bancassurance deal with CIMB Group Holdings.
- Acted for JFE Steel on its formation of a joint venture with a local partner in Vietnam.
- Acted for Sompo Holdings on its acquisition of a minority stake in Asia Financial Holdings, a Hong Kong listed investment holding company.
- Acted for a founder of Iiyonet, a distributor of Garmin products in Japan, on the acquisition of a 100% stake in Iiyonet by Garmin.
- Acted for Yanmar Holdings on its acquisition of a compact construction business in Europe from Terex Corporation.
- Acted for Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company on its acquisition of StanCorp Financial Group, a publicly-listed US life insurance group, for USD 5 billion.
- Acted for Yanmar Holdings on its acquisition of a Spanish energy systems manufacturer, Himoinsa SL.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dai-Ni Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2008)
- Japan (2002)
- Columbia Law School (LLM) (2007)
- Hitotsubashi University (LLB) (2000)