Rony Eid has over 19 years' corporate and commercial experience in the Middle East with 10 years in the UAE.
He is experienced in corporate and commercial transactions, foreign direct investment, mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, regulatory matters and local laws. Rony also advises on the incorporation and structuring of companies in the UAE including within the free zones.
Having been seconded to the in-house team of one of Dubai's leading pharmaceutical companies, Rony has a practical and commercial approach to advising clients and understanding their needs.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the restructuring of the corporate structure of a family business UAE Group.
- Advised the Gulf Marketing Group on the implementation of shareholder protocols set up by PWC.
- Advised several multinational companies on the reorganization of their group and the post acquisition integration (such as Intel, CareFusion, Emerson, Black & Decker) and on the implementation of the transfer of assets.
- Advised a German group in the UAE on the merger of both limited liability companies incorporated in the mainland of Dubai.
- Advised Hasan Ismaik, the former CEO of Dubai-based Arabtec, on the USD 963 million sale of a significant stake in Arabtec to Aabar Investments PJSC.
- Advised Dubai Real Estate Corporation on its joint venture with Amlak
- Advised Valeant Pharmaceuticals on the acquisition of a 40% stake in UAE-based MedPharma.
- Advised a client on a strategic acquisition of a 40.8% minority stake to the value of AED 115 million two LLCs registered in Dubai by a Qatari private equity fund.
- Advised on the purchase of assets of a dry-cleaning company in the value of AED 15 million.
- Advised Umm Al Quwain Municipality on negotiating and finalising their waste management services contract.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lebanese Bar Association - Member
- Lebanon (1998)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant
- University of London (LLM) (2014)
- Lebanese University (LLB) (1998)