Nathalja works mainly with international clients, focusing on their consumer-facing activities. This includes, in particular, advising international corporations on the full spectrum of laws and regulations that may apply on their (online) activities, including content regulation, data protection, e-commerce, consumer protection, unfair commercial practices, intellectual property, advertising and media laws.
Besides advisory work, Nathalja is experienced in litigation, contracting and coordinating and managing cross-jurisdictional projects, including the development of surveys and compliance programs.
- Winner, Moot Court of the Young Bar Association Utrecht, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Young Bar Association Amsterdam – Member
- The Dutch Association for Information Technology and Law (NVvIR) – Member
- Association for Privacy Law (VPR) – Member
- The Netherlands Advertsing Law Association (VvRr) – Member
- Advised a start-up foundation on intellectual property matters in the course of Baker McKenzie's cooperation with Pro Bono Connect.
- Advised several humanitary foundations on data protection (GDPR) rules and requirements.
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2013)
- Grotius Post Graduate Program (Certificate IT law) (2017)
- Dutch Bar Association (Certificate Course Legal practice) (2016)
- University of Amsterdam (LL.M. Information law) (2012)
- Utrecht University (LL.B. Dutch civil law) (2010)