Christine is a special counsel in the Hong Kong disputes practice, specialising in corporate crime and investigations. She has over 10 years' experience in all forms of contentious work, including cross-border investigations and litigation, as well as other corruption-related matters. She has acted for clients in disputes with regulators and other parties, both through litigation and different forms of dispute resolution, including arbitration, mediation and complex negotiations.
She previously worked for another top international firm in its offices in both Hong Kong and Australia.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a global engineering firm in relation to actions by the Hong Kong Independent Commission Against Corruption relating to a construction project.
- Acting for a global telecommunications firm on investigations into allegations of misconduct in Indonesia and Hong Kong.
- Acting for a global investment bank on a multi-jurisdictional enforcement matter involving its hiring practices in Hong Kong and China.
- Advising a private equity fund on an investigation into the sale of assets in Thailand, including potential money-laundering implications.
- Advising a group of international companies in relation to money-laundering issues arising out of the sale of assets across APAC and in the UK.
- Undertaking a number of investigations for a global financial services company in relation to misconduct by employees based in China.
- Advising a subsidiary of a large multinational developer in relation to an ASIC investigation.
- Advising a major Australian bank in relation to the collapse of Storm Financial and related ASIC investigation.
- Advising a global financial services company on its existing anti-corruption policies and its new Asia-wide compliance program for the provision of gifts, travel and entertainment.
- Advising several multinational companies across a number of industries (financial services, consumer, energy, mining and infrastructure) on their anti-corruption and bribery policies across the region, with particular focus on North Asia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Women's White Collar Defense Association (Hong Kong Chapter) - Member
- Hong Kong Law Society - Member
- Queensland Law Society - Member
- Australia and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance - Certificate IV in General Insurance
- Hong Kong (2017)
- High Court of Australia (2009)
- Queensland~Australia (2007)
- Cambridge University (Master's Degree in Law) (2014)
- Griffith University (First Class Bachelor's Degree in Law & B.A., Criminology and Criminal Justice) (2006)