Alfonso Curiel Valtierra
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C.
Alfonso Curiel Valtierra has more than 10 years of experience in commercial litigation, often representing public entities and private companies. He was granted with specialization diplomas in financial law and civil and commercial procedural law by Universidad Panamericana. Also, Mr. Curiel-Valtierra has written and published several articles regarding relevant legal provisions in commercial and public law and participated in diverse forums in connection with commercial and financial law as well as insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings.
Mr. Curiel Valtierra advises on litigation for civil, commercial, leasing, financial, administrative and amparo matters, among others. He has represented public and private companies, banks and individuals in multiple litigations before state and federal jurisdictions in Mexico, resulting in various types of legal actions. He also works with multiple companies from different sectors in amparo actions for official government actions deemed unconstitutional, as well as in administrative procedures before different authorities.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in multiple litigations before state and federal jurisdictions to defend companies, banks and individuals mainly, and bringing various types of legal actions.
- Involved in several litigations regarding public works contracts.
- Represented domestic and foreign companies in collection of debts matters.
- Represented domestic and foreign companies in insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Participated in several cases related to assignment and delivery of stock shares of Financial Groups and Banks that were declared in insolvency in 1996, in accordance with the Programs implemented by the Banking Fund for the Protection of Savings (FOBAPROA).
- Acted as representative of Mexican Central Bank in the prosecution of criminal counterfeiting.
- Collaborated in the resolution of multiple administrative motions for reconsideration filed by financial intermediaries against fines imposed by Mexican Central Bank.
- Participated in several tax disputes, both local and federal.
- Representing multiple companies of different sectors in amparo actions for official government actions deemed unconstitutional.
- Represented the Mexican Central Bank in multiple amparo proceedings filed against the Releases enacted by such Central Bank.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mexican Bar Association - College of Attorneys
- Mexico (2006)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (Law degree) (2004)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.