Carolina Cordero di Vonzo is Senior Manager of IP Advisory of the Firm's Italy offices.
She has a broad experience on all aspects of intellectual property and unfair competition law with specific focus on trade marks, designs, plant variety rights and copyrights in various industries, particularly in the sectors of fashion and luxury, consumer goods and retail, food and agriculture, industrial design, cosmetics and pharma, art world, hotels and tourism.
Carolina assists our clients in shaping, managing and protecting their IP assets and portfolios, designing and implementing off-line and online anti-counterfeiting strategies, drafting and negotiations agreements where IP plays a crucial role. She runs the plant variety protection unit in our Italian offices.
Prior to joining the Firm, Carolina served as in-house counsel to a large manufacturing group headquartered in Hong Kong, heading the IP team responsible for APAC, EMEA and LATAM.
- Awarded the APAA Prize in Intellectual Property Law (Best LLM Student of the Year) (2013)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Milan Bar Association
- Counselling for Max Neuhaus's estate (2009-2012)
- Milan~Italy (2011)
- Universitá degli Studi di Torino (JD)
- Université Descartes (Paris V, France) (JD) (2005)
- Universitá degli Studi di Torino (Master in Law) (2008)
- University of Hong Kong (Master of Laws in IT and IP Law) (2013)
Publications and Conferences
- Author, "Diritti del breeder, associazioni contro la sentenza della Corte UE su varietà vegetali", IlSole24Ore, AgriSole, 14 October 2021.
- Panel speaker, "Brand and Reputation Management: Protecting Your Organisations’ IP and Dealing with Crisis Management", Asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Summit 2015, Hong Kong, September 2015.
- Author, "Unitary patent – The Situation in Italy", Hogan Lovells Unitary Patent website, 5 April 2013.
- Author, "Italy Implements Trade Mark Registration Opposition Procedure - Almost!", The IPKat Blog, 8 July 2011.
- Author, "Case C-304-07, Directmedia Publishing GmbH v. Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg (Database protection)", Law Review "Giurisprudenza Italiana", March 2009.