Mauricio Contró Rodríguez
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C.
Mauricio is an associate in the Dispute Resolution Practice Group and has meaningful experience in the field of civil and commercial litigation, as well as in commercial arbitration.
Mauricio's practice focuses on commercial dispute resolution in international and domestic contexts. He has experience before arbitral and state tribunals in Mexico, participating in complex national litigation, international commercial arbitration, constitutional proceedings, and bankruptcy proceedings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advises a wide variety of national and foreign clients in connection with several issues of Mexican law.
- Representation of creditors and liquidation receivership in restructuring and bankruptcy procedures in the Mexican Republic.
- Represents public and private companies, banks, and individuals in multiple litigations before state and federal jurisdictions in Mexico, resulting in various types of legal actions.
- Represents clients in exequatur proceedings of Mexican and foreign judgments in different jurisdictions.
- Successfully represented an IT company in a national arbitration procedure.
- Successfully represented an energy company in an international commercial arbitration.
- Draft of legal opinions regarding commercial and civil issues.
- Experience on legal bioethics research and lobbying in domestic and international contexts.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Blackstone Legal Fellowship - Member
- Pro Bono Baker McKenzie FY 2018, 2019 and 2020 rewards
- Community service activities
- Mexico (2017)
- Leiden University (Advanced LL.M. in International Dispute Settlement and Arbitration) (2022)
- ICC International Court of Arbitration and Escuela Libre de Derecho (International commercial arbitration program) (2021)
- Universidad Anáhuac (Law Degree, Academic Excellence) (2017)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.