Mauricio is an associate in the Dispute Resolution Practice Group and has meaningful experience in the field of civil and commercial litigation, as well as in commercial arbitration.
Mauricio's practice focuses on commercial dispute resolution in domestic contexts. He has experience before arbitral and state tribunals in Mexico, participating in complex national litigation, international commercial arbitration and significant bankruptcy processes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advises a wide variety of foreign clients in connection with several issues of Mexican law.
- Representation of creditors and liquidation receivership in restructuring and bankruptcy procedures in the Mexican Republic.
- Represents public and private companies, banks and individuals in multiple litigations before state and federal jurisdictions in Mexico, resulting in various types of legal actions.
- Represents clients in exequatur proceedings of Mexican and foreign judgments in different jurisdictions.
- Successfully represented an energy and IT companies in national arbitration procedures.
- Represents an Energy Company in an international commercial arbitration.
- Experience on legal bioethics research and lobbying in domestic and international contexts.
- Draft of legal opinions regarding commercial and civil issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Blackstone Legal Fellowship - Member
- Pro Bono Baker McKenzie FY 2018, 2019 and 2020 rewards
- Community service activities
- Mexico (2017)
- ICC International Court of Arbitration (Arbitration diploma program) (2021)
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (Arbitration diploma program) (2021)
- Universidad Anáhuac (Law Degree Academic Excellence) (2017)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.