Katia is an associate in the Baker McKenzie Dispute Resolution team, based in London. Katia has worked on a range of matters including commercial litigation, international arbitration and general advisory work. Katia has experience in both commercial arbitration and investment treaty disputes, with experience acting for parties in disputes under DIFC-LCIA, ICC, ICSID and UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules.
Katia is qualified in England & Wales and admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW, Australia.
During her training, Katia was seconded to the Chancery Division of the High Court for three months as a Judicial Assistant. Katia previously worked at the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) as a Casework Assistant and as Assistant to the Director General, where she had extensive first hand-experience of LCIA administered disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
Acting for a global shipment service in relation to claims in a DIFC-LCIA arbitration brought against a service provider
Acting for a company and its shareholder in a complex post M&A ICC arbitration in the banking sector.
Acting for a State in an ICSID arbitration in the real estate sector.
Acting for an energy company in an UNCITRAL arbitration involving claims under an indemnity agreement.
Acting for a forestry and sawmilling company in English High Court proceedings relating to claims under an agency agreement.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2019)
- New South Wales~Australia (2017)
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Science) (2012)
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Laws) (2014)
- BPP Law School (Graduate Diploma with Distinction in Law) (2016)
- The College of Law (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice) (2017)
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course with Distinction) (2017)