Sofia is based in San Francisco, California and advises clients on a wide range of domestic and international employment-related matters, with emphasis on matters related to cross-border transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, reorganizations and post-acquisition integration.
Sofia focuses her practice on advising clients on domestic and cross-border employment matters arising throughout the employment relationship, including helping clients expand into new jurisdictions, manage global workforces and terminate employment relationships. She also provides domestic and international employment law counseling and advice on mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructurings. Additionally, Sofia counsels clients on a broad range of domestic employment matters such as background checks, hiring, terminations, bonus and commission plans, restrictive covenants, and executive employment agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
Represented Lyra Health in its acquisition of ICAS World.
Advised a publicly traded company on harmonization of terms and conditions of employment in 20 international jurisdictions.
Advised a publicly traded multinational corporation on a spin-off of a business line involving employees in 20 jurisdictions.
Advised a multinational corporation in an acquisition of a corporation with an announced deal value of USD 1.2 billion and helped negotiate executive employment agreements.
- Advised US multinationals on employment considerations in connection with entering new jurisdictions and various potential business models including direct hire by foreign employers, third party agencies and contractors.
- California~United States (2010)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (J.D.) (2010)
- University of California at Davis (B.A. in Economic and International Relations) (2006)
- Palo Alto
- Co-author, "Top 10 California Employment Law Updates for 2022," The Employer Report, 11 January 2022
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.