Su-Fen Chen is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Taipei office, specializing in administrative law. She provides advice on a wide range of compliance issues and is experienced in administrative litigation procedures in Taiwan.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised several offshore wind farm developers for Taiwan renewable energy legal regime; advised and assisted the developers for participation in Taiwan offshore wind farm planning and selection process; and advised the developers for the project permitting process.
- Advised several solar power plant developers or sponsors for Taiwan renewable energy legal regime and PPA qualifications and advised the developers for land issues and project permitting process.
- Advised a globally leading high-tech company for their fabrication site establishment project in Taiwan.
- Advised a multinational manufacturing company on the land pollution issues and acted for negotiation for transaction of the land.
- Represented cross-border on-line service providers in tax cases of various nature and value amounts.
- Represented a coal-fire power plant in a administrative litigation regarding air emission permit.
- Acted for a government-sponsored institute for its contract regarding space launch activity and advise on contracts or regulations related to its space related activities.
- Provide advice on export controls applicable to enterprises that regularly conduct cross-border transactions.
- Provide advices on environmental liabilities to multi-national companies which have manufacturing operation in Taiwan.
- Recommended Lawyer, Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2021)
- Recognized Practitioner, Chambers Asia-Pacific (2020)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei Bar Associations - Member
- Taipei~Taiwan (1997)
- Georgetown University (LL.M.) (2005)
- National Taiwan University (LL.M.) (2000)