Agnès Charpenet joined Baker McKenzie Paris office in December 1998, was promoted to partner in 2017 and elected principal in 2020. She leads the Employee Benefit and the Wealth Management practices in the Paris Office.
Agnès advises companies of all sizes, from startups to multinational corporations and their executives, on legal and tax aspects on remuneration structuring, employee share plans, management packages, in France and worldwide. She also assists French and foreign private clients, on investment strategy, mobility, estate planning and tax compliance.
She represents clients in tax and social security audits and disputes. Agnès is co-leader of the Baker McKenzie's European Employee Benefit Practice Group. In 2005, she spent six months in the Global Equity Services group of the San Francisco office. She is involved in the Women Initiatives Committee in Paris.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Société Générale Securities Services since 2010, delivering tax and legal advice for the administration of the client’s employee shares plans in around 60 countries.
Chambers Global-wide 2020
- The group is Band 1 in Employee Benefits
- The group is Band 1 in Tax
Chambers Europe 2020
- The group is ranked Tier 2 in tax
Legal 500 2014-2020
- The group is ranked Tier 1 in tax. “Agnès Charpenet, who is recommended for wealth management issues.” "Employee benefits expert Agnès Charpenet is recommended,” “Agnès Charpenet shows great expertise and responsiveness and provides great support.”
Agnès Charpenet is ranked:
- Excellent in Transactional Tax
- Excellent in LBO taxation
- Excellent in litigation and pre-litigation - Wealth tax
- Highly Recommended in Mobility and Expatriation
- Highly Recommended in Wealth management – Wealth Tax
ITR - Women in Tax Leaders Guide
- Tax - Women in Tax (2017-2020)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Global Equity Organization - Co-coordinator of the French Chapter Committee
- Institut des Avocats et Conseils Fiscaux - Member
- Paris~France (1999)
- University de Cergy-Pontoise (DJCE-DESS Droit des Affaires) (1997)
- University of Sceaux (Master of Law) (1996)
- San Francisco
Co-author, "Baker McKenzie Link, Private Banking for France", a premium online legal knowledge solution in wealth Management.
Contributor, Baker McKenzie’s LawInContext – Global Equity for France
Co-author, "Practical Law (Thomas Reuter Legal Solution) Employee Share Plans," for France