Cornelien Broersma is a counsel in the Employment and Pension practice group of Baker McKenzie's Amsterdam office. She initially joined the Firm in 2004 as an associate in the Amsterdam office and spent 3 years in the New York office. Prior to re-joining Baker McKenzie in 2021, Cornelien worked in another law firm and the legal department of the Ministry of Social Affairs in The Hague.
Cornelien publishes regularly in legal journals. Furthermore she is member of the pension advisory committee of the Dutch Bar Association and secretary of the Female Cancer Foundation.
Representative Legal Matters
Cornelien advises (large) multinational companies and (company & industry wide) pension funds on pension law matters in relation to employment law and corporate law. She furthermore assists in multiple national and international pension and compensation & benefits projects.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA)
- Association for Dutch Pension Law (VVP)
- Association for Pension Lawyers (VvPJ)
- Association Employment Lawyers (VVA)
- Association of Employers Lawyers Amsterdam (VAAA)
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2005)
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (Post Graduate Pension Program, with Distinction) (2009)
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (Law Degree International Law, Administrative Law and Private Law) (2004)
- Stellenbosch University (Law Degree Intellectual Property & Competition Law) (2002)
- Female Leadership Program, OSR (2014)
- Acquisition program of Legal High Performance (2013)
- Education program Dutch Bar Association, Amsterdam (2005/2008)