Michael Brewer is a partner in Baker McKenzie's San Francisco office. His areas of practice include employment law and litigation. Michael has worked with clients in the restaurant, retail and real estate industries. He is frequently tapped as a trainer and speaker on employment law.
Michael focuses on employment law disputes and trial work. He serves as lead counsel on employment class actions and single-plaintiff matters. He counsels employers on personnel management matters such as discipline and termination, workplace accommodation, and litigation avoidance. He has extensive experience litigating and advising on class and collective actions relating to wage and hour claims, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, litigation avoidance and all aspects of personnel management.
- Recognized lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2013-2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California - Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
- Contra Costa County Bar Association – Board of Directors, Member
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Employment Law Section, Former President
- Bar Association of San Francisco – Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
- Northern California Employment Roundtable – Member
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (1996)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States (1996)
- California~United States (1995)
- University of Colorado School of Law (JD) (1995)
- University of California (BA) (1990)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.