Grace joined the Private Equity & Funds team of Baker McKenzie as an Associate in June 2020. Prior to this, Grace trained and qualified in a private equity team focused on supporting management teams of private equity portfolio companies. Grace is an active member of BakerWomen, a network in the firm which works to increase the number of females in leadership roles through mentoring, webinars and internal networking events.
Grace advises private equity houses and their portfolio companies, financial investors and management teams on a wide range of domestic and international private equity transactions and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and carve-outs.
Representative Legal Matters
Grace has advised on the following matters (including experience prior to joining the Firm)
- Advised KKR on the divestment of Coty, Inc. Professional Beauty business and Retail Hair business, including the carve-out structuring in multiple jurisdictions for KKR's strategic partnership with Coty.
- Advised the management team of Silvergate Media, creators of The Octonauts, on the exit of Shamrock Capital Advisors and sale to Sony Pictures Television.
- Advised Barbon Insurance Group, The Carlyle Group portfolio company, on the strategic acquisition of Let Alliance and management reinvestment.
- Advised Valeo Foods on the acquisition of Tangerine Confectionary, the maker of classic sweets including Barratt, from The Blackstone Group.
- Advised a number of August Equity portfolio companies on a series of bolt-on acquisitions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Law Society of England and Wales
- England & Wales (Solicitor) (2019)
- University of Law (Legal Practice Course) (2017)
- University of Law (Master of Science in Law, Business and Management (with Distinction)) (2017)
- University of Warwick (Law LLB (Hons)) (2016)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.