Jarrod Bayliss-McCulloch is a senior associate in the Information Technology & Commercial department at the London office of Baker McKenzie and advises on major technology-driven transactions and regulatory issues spanning telecommunications, intellectual property, data privacy and consumer law with a particular focus on digital media and new product development. Jarrod joined the Firm in 2009 and his prior experience includes working in strategy consulting and development economics.
Representative Legal Matters
- Drafting and negotiating complex agreements including telecommunications network development projects and strategic joint-venture agreements in the telecoms sector, transitional services agreements for technology-driven transactions, master services agreements with major software and systems integration vendors (customer and supplier side), product supply, IP licensing, data transfer and non-disclosure agreements.
- Delivering complex multi-jurisdictional advice to global clients to support new product development (on an end-to-end basis, including seamless coordination of legal and tax inputs across a full range of potential launch issues) with a focus on innovative and disruptive technologies in the digital media space, often covering in excess of 100 jurisdictions.
- Advising on intellectual property rights (including copyright and trademarks), regulatory obligations under media and telecommunications laws (including content restrictions) and licensing issues in both advisory and transactional/M&A contexts.
- Providing practical guidance on consumer law and data protection - including privacy policies, cyber security (including data breach incident response), social media and marketing issues.
- Victoria~Australia (2011)
- Monash University (Bachelor of Commerce) (2010)
- Monash University (LL.B. First Class Honors) (2010)