Corey is a member of the Firm’s Tax & Transfer Pricing Group in Tokyo.
Corey primarily focuses his practice on inbound Japanese tax and transfer pricing issues for multinational companies, including M&A and corporate restructuring-related matters, comprehensive tax advice for the Japanese operations of multinational companies headquartered overseas and advice on tax-related issues specific to Japan (eg, corporate tax, consumption tax, etc.).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised multinational companies in a variety of industries, including technology, retail and pharmaceuticals, on cross-border tax issues.
- Provided tax advice to foreign companies setting up businesses in Japan.
- Advised on tax issues related to cross-border M&A and group restructuring.
- Advised on treaty-related issues such as permanent establishment, limitation on benefits and withholding tax.
- Advised on the consumption tax implications of importing goods and providing services in Japan, including the provision of digital services to Japanese customers.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Florida~United States (2015)
- University of Florida (LLM in International Taxation) (2015)
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University (JD) (2014)
- Jacksonville State University (BS in Accounting) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.