Vin supports clients on all aspects of data protection advisory, compliance and risk management. He will guide you from a strategic and governance perspective, as well as provide advice on audit/assessment and implementation projects, cross-border data flows and solutions, enterprise security and data breach counselling and incident response. Vin is a highly technical advisor who can guide you through the compliant implementation of cutting-edge technologies and data transactional processing models. He also works with clients to develop data protection solutions for third-party collaborations, and very frequently acts as regulatory liaison for UK, EU and global projects.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Vinod has advised with the following representative legal matters:
- Advising Vinted, Europe's largest online international C2C marketplace dedicated to second-hand fashion, on its EUR 128 million Series E round financing which values the company at over EUR 1 billion. The round was led by new investor Lightspeed Venture Partners, with participation from existing backers including Sprints Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Accel and Burda Principal Investments.
- Advising Just Eat on its global data protection law compliance project, including multiple challenging jurisdictions such as French and Spanish data protection law.
- Legal500 UK Leading Individual Data Protection and Information Law Band 2 2022
- Chambers UK Leading Individual Data Protection and Information Law Band 4 2019
- Chambers UK Leading Individual Data Protection and Information Law Band 4 2018
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1999)
- University of Birmingham (LLB, Law) (1995)