Sarah Bahn has over three years of experience working with and advising mid to large sized companies with a foreign workforce, requiring assistance with the global transfer of employees. Her experience includes advising on U.S.-immigration law related issues and processes for U.S. employers, and assisting U.S. employers in formulating internal company-wide immigration policies, such as U.S. Permanent Residency Sponsorship policy. Sarah has worked with a variety of corporate clients from many industries, including: food and beverage, transportation, automotive manufacturing and engineering, elevator and escalator servicing and manufacturing, automation, and information technology.
Sarah's practice focus is in the area of corporate business immigration, advising and assisting corporate employers on obtaining and maintaining nonimmigrant work authorization for their foreign national workforce, as well advising and assisting employers through PERM-based and non-PERM based U.S. permanent residency processes for their foreign national workforce. Sarah's practice experience includes research and advising corporate employers on U.S. immigration compliance issues, aligning with continuing updates and changes to U.S. government agency policies impacting the client's business. Further, she drafts responses to complex USCIS requests for evidence or Department of Labor audit requests of PERM applications.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted and advised corporate employer in formulating its internal U.S. Permanent Residency sponsorship policy.
- Advised corporate employer in the development of its U.S. Permanent Residency sponsorship program, as well as assisting and advising throughout the process of obtaining permanent residency for its foreign workforce.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association - Member
- Illinois~United States (2018)
- University of Iowa College of Law (J.D.) (2018)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.A. Political Science) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.