Johanna Asplund is an associate at the Firm’s London office in the Competition, Trade and Foreign Investment Practice Group. She completed her degree in International Relations from London School of Economics then a Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course (LLM) from BPP University in 2019.
Johanna advises clients on a wide variety of competition law issues, including Trade and Foreign Investment. She has experience with merger investigations conducted by the Swedish Competition Authority, EU merger filings and multi-million dollar acquisitions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Accent Equity and its portfolio company Tempcon Group on two Phase II merger investigations conducted by the Swedish Competition Authority (SCA). The SCA approved both acquisitions without remedies.
- Advised FSN Capital VI on relevant merger filings in connection with its investments in OptiGroup and Hygas.
- Advised Rio Tinto on its acquisition to acquire the Rincon Mining lithium project in Argentina, with a transaction value of USD 825 million.
- Supported Brands for Europe, a coalition of global brand owners in connection with the European Commission’s review of the EU Vertical Restraints Block Exemption & Guidelines.
- Advised Bowers & Wilkins, the leading British-based designer and manufacturer of luxury home and automotive audio products, on its sale to Sound United.
- Advised a global tech company on their purchase of central London real estate with a transaction value of approx. GBP 750 million.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2021)
- BPP University (Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course (LLM)) (2019)
- London School of Economics (BSc International Relations) (2017)
- Contributor, “Liquidity Issues In Private Funds - General Partner-led Solutions”, PLC Magazine, 2020
- Contributor, “The EU, Iran, and the Blocking Regulation: Catch 22 Continued”, The European Legal Forum, 2022
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.