With employment law as his focus, Sinan has worked with a variety of clients across a broad range of sectors. In the private sector, he has handled technology and media companies, private equity firms, retail, finance, asset management, food and drink and betting organisations. In the public sector, he has worked with councils, healthcare providers and government departments. Sinan's practice covers all aspects of employment law, including disciplinary issues, discrimination law, the employment aspects of global transactions, contract and policy drafting and litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided commercial advice on employee management issues, such as the application of disciplinary and sickness absence policies and how to deal with grievances.
- Advised on the employment and privacy aspects of global corporate transactions.
- Drafted and reviewed employment contracts, independent contractor agreements, employee handbooks, secondment agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Advised on exiting senior employees at minimum risk, cost and reputational damage to the employer, including the negotiating of settlement terms and drafting settlement agreements.
- Advised clients on changes to terms and conditions and implementing and amending complex incentive schemes.
- Assisted on the successful defence of UK High Court claims brought by two ex-employees against a large financial services client relating to breach of contract claims for unpaid commission.
- Advised on litigation strategy, negotiating the settlement of claims and settlement agreements.
- Advised on the enforceability of post-termination restraints and options when clients’ competitors allege breaches.
- Victoria~Australia (2018)
- England & Wales (2009)
- College of Law at London (Legal Practice Course) (2007)
- Queen Mary, University of London (LLB, Honours) (2006)