Nurgul Abdreyeva is a Senior Associate at the Almaty office of Baker McKenzie. She specializes in mergers & acquisitions and energy and natural resources transactions. Ms. Abdreyeva has extensive experience advising clients on corporate and commercial law matters, power, oil and gas, metals and mining law issues and carrying out pre-acquisition due diligence in the framework of complex cross-border mergers and acquisitions. Ms. Abdreyeva’s track record also includes advice on general contractual IP.
Corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, power, oil & gas, metals and mining, infrastructure, antitrust & competition.
- Advising Yukon Energy Holding S.A. in connection with the acquisition of Lancaster Petroleum JSC, a company listed on the Kazakhstani Stock Exchange and the sole operator of the Kokzhide, Kumsai, and Mortuk oil fields in Kazakhstan's Aktobe region.
- Advising a Japanese consortium in connection with the establishment of a joint venture for the acquisition of uranium assets in Kazakhstan, including due diligence, negotiation of transaction documents and application for statutory clearances.
- Advising a major Chinese integrated energy and chemical company that is engaged in oil and gas exploration and production in connection with the due diligence and indirect acquisition of a controlling stake in holding entities owning a number of operating oil and gas subsidiaries in Kazakhstan.
- Advising an international consortium in the energy sector in connection with the construction and development of Balkhashskaya TPP, a coal-fired thermal power plant and one of the breakthrough projects approved by the Protocol of the Republic of Kazakhstan State Commission on Economy Modernization Issues.
- Advising a major Korean steel producer on various corporate and contractual law matters in connection with the construction of a titanium producing plant in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a major Japanese company on regulatory matters regarding licenses and permits necessary for importation and use of encryption-based devices.
- Advising a multinational manufacturing and technology company on regulatory requirements for the importation and sale of radio electronic devices in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a major Korean mobile communication services provider regarding regulatory requirements applicable to telecommunications activities in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a multinational satellite services provider in connection with licenses and permits necessary for the provision of satellite communication services in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a major Japanese company on various commercial law issues in connection with the production and testing of cement mixtures.
- Kazakhstan~Kazakhstan (2002)
- Tokai University (Ph.D. Law) (2008)
- Kazakh Humanitarian Law University (Jurisprudence) (2002)
- Co-author, "Kazakhstan, Mining.", Getting the Deal Through, 2018
- Co-author, "Proposed Amendments to the Subsoil Use Legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.", Investor's Voice, October 2014
- Author, "Definition of Object of Civil Law Relation", Materials of International Scientific and Practical Conference “Civil Law in System of Law” held by Scientific Research Institute of Private Law, May 2007
- Speaker, "Definition of Object of Civil Law Relation," Materials of International Scientific and Practical Conference, May 2007
- Jurist, "Features of Artistic Work Protected by Copyright," 2007
Baker McKenzie Kazakhstan B.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.