Gil Roberto Zerrudo is a member of Quisumbing Torres' Management Committee, and a partner in its Employment Practice Group and Outsourcing Industry Group. Gil participates in initiatives of Baker & McKenzie International of which Quisumbing Torres is a member firm. He heads Baker McKenzie's Asia Pacific Regional Employment Practice Group. He is a member of Baker McKenzie's Global Employment Practice Group Steering Committee, Asia Pacific Regional Council, the Global ASEAN Economic Community Focus Group, and Global Policy Committee. He is the chair of the Committee on International Harmonization and Integration of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) and director and immediate past president of the IBP Makati Chapter.
Gil has more than two decades of experience advising on various matters relating to employment and labor litigation. He is consistently recognized as a leading lawyer in Labor and Employment by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and Chambers Asia Pacific. He speaks frequently on ASEAN employment law-related topics.
Gil regularly advises on employment contracts, employee benefits and compensation, employee terminations, and executive compensation, benefits, transfers and terminations. He also handles occupational health and safety matters, discrimination law advice, trade union recognition procedures, and labor litigation. He has extensive experience representing clients engaged in business process outsourcing, IT/telecommunications, pharmaceuticals and healthcare and manufacturing.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assist an American multinational company that specializes in streaming media and video-on-demand online on Philippine employment laws, specifically on hiring and various employment-related issues, in relation to the establishment of its outsourcing operations in the Philippines.
- Advise and assist a globally leading provider of diversified and innovative solutions company in several company policy issues, including handling numerous employment litigation cases and in dealing with various internal investigation of staff from across the business group of the client.
- Advise a Fortune 100 company in connection with the company's reduction in force in the Philippines and general employment law related matters. Advise client on various Philippine laws on procedures, requirements and timeline to terminate employees, including transfer of employees to the new entity in the Philippines.
- Act for a global manufacturer of industrial equipment and tools manufacturing company in connection with the Labor Audit of its Philippine plant. Advise on various Philippine employment legal matters.
- Assist and advise a global customer service software company on termination of probationary employment, separation pay and other employment legal matters due to employee misconduct and other related grounds. Represent client in employment litigation filed by its employees before National Labor Relations Commission and Department of Labor and Employment.
- Assist a leading producer of fresh fruit and vegetables in the separation of a long time expatriate in the Philippines.
- Assist a US-based e-commerce company in successfully reaching a compromise with its employees to sign release agreements prior to their severance in relation to the client's closure.
- Leading Individual in Employment, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2008-2018
- Leading Individual in Labor/Employment, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2007-2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Chairman, Committee on International Harmonization and Integration
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Director and immediate past President (Makati Chapter)
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Employers' Confederation of the Philippines
- European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines
- British Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines
- Ateneo de Manila School of Law - Faculty (on leave)
- Manila Polo Club - Legal Committee Member
- Union Church Manila - Legal/HR Committee Member
- Philippines (1989)
- Ateneo de Manila University (LLB) (1988)
- Ateneo de Manila University (BA) (1984)