Andrei Yorsh is a partner in Baker Mckenzie's Almaty office. He has authored over 100 articles in different areas of Belorussian, Russian and Kazakhstani legislation, and has participated in working groups for the elaboration of Belorussia’s new law on securities and introduction of amendments to the Civil Code of the Republic of Belorussia. Andrei also ran a special legal consulting program on the Belorussian radio. Andrei is an arbitrator at the International Arbitration of the Belarusian Chambers of Commerce.
Andrei focuses his practice on dispute resolution, intellectual property, labor and migration matters. He also has extensive experience in pharmaceuticals and healthcare, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and antitrust & competition issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a subsidiary of a major Russian mobile operator in a license and tax dispute with the Uzbekistan government.
- Represented a subsidiary of a global brewer in a tax dispute with the Uzbekistan government.
- Represented a subsidiary of an international cement producer in a tax dispute with Uzbekistan government and criminal investigation.
- Represented an American computer and equipment producer in several IP disputes and IP enforcement in Kazakhstan.
- Represented an American luxury headphones producer in IP enforcement disputes in Kazakhstan.
- Represented a Japanese spare parts producer in IP enforcement disputes in Kazakhstan.
- Represented a leading pharmaceutical & healthcare company in a dispute with the former Head of Representative office in Almaty.
- Represented a large international software company in court proceedings initiated by a terminated employee claiming reinstatement.
- Represented a large Indian pharmaceutical company in trademark cancellation cases in Kazakhstan.
- Prepared a memorandum concerning registration regulations and the launch of new drugs in Belarus for an international pharmaceuticals company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Eurasian Economic Commission - Member, IP Working Group
- AmCham - Member, IP and Pharmaceutical Working Groups
- Ministry of Justice - Member, IP Working Group
- EUROBAK - Member, HR Committee Advisory Team
- Kazakstan~Kazakhstan (2008)
- Belarus~Belarus (1994)
- Belarusian State University (Post Graduate Law Degree Civil and Commercial Law) (1997)
- Belarusian State University (Law Degree Civil and Commercial Law) (1994)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein