Dr. Markus Wolf is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Banking & Finance team in Zurich. In 2015/2016, he worked as an associate in the Sydney office. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in 2012, he worked as a visiting associate with The Boston Consulting Group.
Dr. Wolf focuses on banking and finance, financial restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, private equity as well as general contract, corporate and commercial matters. He has experience advising borrowers, sponsors and lenders on leveraged acquisition, corporate, project, export and property financing transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Deutsche Beteiligungs AG (DBAG) on the financing of its acquisition of duagon, a Dietikon, Switzerland-based provider of network components for data communication in railway vehicles.
- Advised SIX Swiss Exchange listed SCHMOLZ + BICKENBACH AG in connection with a comprehensive refinancing and issuance of EUR 200 million 5.625% senior secured notes.
- Advised SIX Swiss Exchange listed Walter Meier AG in connection with the financing of its de facto merger with Tobler Haustechnik AG.
- Advised several private and listed Swiss companies on intercompany financing (particularly, cash pooling arrangements).
- Advised Neoen, a leading French renewable energy company, on debt financing for the 100MW first stage of its Hornsdale wind farm project near Jamestown in South Australia.
- Advised two Swiss cantonal banks on the financial restructuring of a Swiss infrastructure investor.
- Advised UBS AG and a syndicate of Swiss and foreign banks on the amendment of a syndicated secured credit facility and a mortgage loan facility for a listed Swiss-based global technology company.
- Advised Colony Capital, LLC on debt financing for its acquisition of the campuses of two hotel management schools in Western Switzerland.
- Advised Credit Suisse AG and a syndicate of Swiss and foreign banks on a syndicated secured credit facility for a Swiss-based international group of companies in the fertilizer industry.
- Advised UBS AG on a syndicated credit facility and related security documentation concerning a property investor's acquisition of several commercial properties in Basel, Switzerland.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Australian Swiss Chamber of Commerce and Industry - Member
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- HSG Alumni - Member
- ISC Alumni - Member
- Switzerland (2014)
- University of Sydney (LL.M.) (2017)
- University of St. Gallen (Dr. iur. HSG) (2012)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. HSG in Law & Economics) (2010)
- University of St. Gallen (B.A. HSG in Law & Economics) (2008)
- Singapore Management University (Exchange Student) (2006)