Rachel practice focus is on trade mark and design protection and enforcement in the UK, EU and internationally, including global filing and clearance strategies and transactions involving intellectual property. Rachel specialises in trade mark registry disputes, dispute resolution and infringements, in addition to company and domain name disputes, and is a regular advocate before the UK Intellectual Property Office, Appointed Persons and High Court. Rachel has gained considerable experience in a broad range of fields, including pharmaceuticals, finance and fashion, as well as assisting NGOs in a number of sectors on a pro bono basis.
Rachel is actively involved in the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys and currently sits as the 2nd Vice-President & Treasurer. These activities provide regular interaction with many IP industry groups and representatives for the UK IPO and EUIPO, ensuring current engagement with developing trade mark law and practice.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPReg) - Member
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA) - Member and 2nd Vice President & Treasurer
- CITMA Law & Practice Committee - Chair
- Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG) - Member
- International Trademark Association (INTA) - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2010)