Sarah is a senior associate in the Baker McKenzie Dispute Resolution team based in London. Sarah has substantial experience of managing a broad range of high value, multi-jurisdictional commercial disputes and investigations, particularly those with a regulatory focus. This experience encompasses all stages of litigation, including interim applications, alternative dispute resolution, and overseeing high-volume document disclosure.
Sarah has considerable court experience, having led several cases through to trial in the High Court, as well as acting on proceedings in the Court of Appeal, Supreme Court, Competition Appeal Tribunal, Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and Information Rights Tribunal.
Sarah has been a Solicitor-Advocate since 2012, which enables her to appear as an advocate in all Higher Courts in England and Wales.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing an international logistics company in a multi-party claim worth GBP 40 million. The claim was brought against one of the company's former directors and his co-conspirators, in connection with secret commissions that were made by the defendants at the company's expense. This involved multiple interim applications, including freezing and disclosure orders.
- Acting for an international manufacturer of automotive parts in a highly technical EUR 20 million breach of contract claim, that resulted in a lengthy High Court trial and Court of Appeal proceedings.
- Advising clients regularly on engagement with public authorities, including the implications of FOIA, consultation processes, and claims for judicial review.
- Acting for an international television production company in connection with an investigation into the conduct of one of its former directors. The claim involved complex conflicts of laws issues, as well as interim disclosure applications being brought in the BVI and Hong Kong, a freezing injunction in Australia, and substantive proceedings being issued in China.
- Representing a high net worth Taiwanese family in relation to substantive proceedings against other family members, and successfully recovering substantial assets worth several million.
- Defending an international courier company on a GBP 10 million, multi-party breach of contract claim in the High Court.
- Acting for an international oil company in its successful appeal of an OFT cartel infringement decision to the Competition Appeal Tribunal.
- Acting for a partner of a law firm in connection with a claim for professional negligence, and successfully getting the claim discontinued.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- London Solicitors Litigation Association - Member
- Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association - Member
- Sarah has acted for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, including assisting with the successful intervention in HJ (Iran), HT (Cameroon) v Secretary of State for the Home Department, for which the team was nominated for awards by both The Lawyer and Legal Week publications.
- Sarah has acted on a number of other pro bono projects including: working on a project for the government of Nepal for the Public International Law Practice Group; working with a global consultancy firm to provide pro bono training to a charity on bribery and corruption compliance; and acting for a charity in various employment tribunal cases.
- England & Wales (Solicitor) (2011)
- University of Law (Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice) (2008)
- Nottingham Law School (Post Graduate Diploma in Law) (2007)
- University of Bristol (Bachelor of Arts in French and Italian) (2006)