Lisa Weinert is a German-qualified Rechtsanwältin working as a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's European Competition & Regulatory Affairs Practice in Brussels. Before joining Baker McKenzie in 2016, she worked as an associate in another international law firm in Brussels. Her qualification training (Referendariat) involved stages at the European Commission's DG Competition (Energy mergers unit) and the German Federal Cartel Office (merger policy department).
Lisa focuses her practice on the areas of European and German merger control as well as behavioural matters and compliance. She regularly advises on merger filings and procedures before the European Commission and the German Federal Cartel Office, as well as on horizontal and vertical agreements, investigations regarding cartels or abuses of dominance, foreign investment filings and diverse other competition law matters. Lisa's experience includes industry sectors such as industrial goods, energy, oil & gas, and digital markets.
Representative Legal Matters
- European merger control Advising and representing a multinational conglomerate company in the merger control procedure before the European Commission relating to the acquisition of the power grid business of one of the largest global players in this field. The matter also involves the coordination of various other merger control and foreign investment filings in more than 20 different jurisdictions worldwide.
- European merger control Advised and represented a global diversified manufacturing, technology and services company in the merger control procedure before the European Commission relating to the creation of a digital IoT joint venture with one of the biggest oil and gas companies. The matter also involved the coordination of various other filings in different jurisdictions worldwide, including China and Korea.
- European merger control Multi-jurisdictional filing analyses for various international clients operating on a multi-national basis as well as several simplified merger control procedures before the European Commission.
- German merger control Obtained unconditional clearance for Sappi’s acquisition of Cham Paper Group’s paper business.
- German merger control Advised Tennant Company, a world leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing sustainable cleaning solutions and machinery, in its agreement with private equity fund Ambienta to acquire IPC Group, a privately held designer and manufacturer of commercial cleaning solutions based in Italy in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $350 million. The legal advice included the assistance in the due diligence review from a competition law angle as well as the representation in the German merger control proceedings;
- German merger control Obtained unconditional clearance for the acquisition of a Target company in the digital entertainment sector, with a potential deal value above the transaction-value threshold. The legal advice included considerations on how to achieve legal certainty with minimal financial and administrative efforts for the client.
- German merger control German merger control filing relating to the acquisition of an industrial rental company by another industrial rental company via public bid structure and without the support of the target's board. The legal advice included dealing with the derogation and standstill obligations for public bids under German merger control law.
- German merger control Advised various clients on German merger control filings in the industrial, energy, and digital space; all cases were cleared unconditionally in Phase I.
- Competition law - Distribution Advised an international sports gear manufacturer in an investigation of the Swiss competition law authority, including the restructuring of the entire European distribution system and advice on contract implementation.
- General competition law Advised international service provider in particular with a view to the restructuring of the joint operations with state-owned national service providers; advised international clients in targeted investigations of national competition authorities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Antitrust Lawyer's Association (Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht)
- Düsseldorf~Germany (2015)
- Brussels (E-List)~Belgium (2015)
- Higher Regional Court of Dusseldorf (Second State Exam) (2015)
- University of Goettingen (First State Exam) (2012)
- Co-editor, EU Competition Law Volume II: Mergers and Acquisitions, Edward Elgar Publishing, 2021