Taisiya Vorotilova is an associate in the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie. She joined the Firm in 2012. She assists clients in commercial disputes in international commercial arbitration and Russian state courts. She handles complex multijurisdictional disputes, involving both litigation and arbitration.
Taisiya's practice focuses on dispute resolution, including international and domestic arbitration.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a major Russian energy machine-building company in a complex cross-border dispute involving an SCC arbitration in Stockholm and litigation proceedings in several jurisdictions in Europe arising out of infringement of the client's IP rights.
- Represented a major Russian energy machine-building company in arbitration proceedings under the Arbitration Rules of the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce.
- Represented a major construction company in ICC arbitration proceedings initiated under the provisions of the FIDIC construction contracts against its employer with an amount in dispute in excess of USD 250 million.
- Represented a major agrochemical company in ICC arbitration proceedings initiated against it under a distribution agreement. The case was settled on the terms very favorable to the client.
- Represented a client in several parallel proceedings initiated by the parties in Russia and Kazakhstan. The case involved international arbitration administered by International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation (ICAC) and proceedings in state courts both in Russia and in Kazakhstan.
- Represented a major player in the financial sector in a number of cases (over 12) filed by its clients in Russian state courts. The successful representation of the client in this matter resulted in established court practice crucial for the regulation of financial services in Russia.
- Represented a client in Russian state courts in a complex corporate dispute related to the shares in a major Russian company.
- Advised and represented a foreign bank in bankruptcy in connection with the collection in Russia of its assets worth approximately USD 20 million.
- Represented a major foreign bank in a number of claims filed against it in Russia based on deposits agreements.
Mentioned in Legal 500 EMEA, 2019
- Russia (2013)
- St. Petersburg State University (Law ) (2013)
- University of Maine School of Law (Exchange Program) (2012)
- Co-author, "Arbitration procedures and practice in the Russian Federation: overview", Practical Law, Thomson Reuters, March 2020
- Co-author, "Enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards in the Russian Federation: Overview," Practical Law, Thomson Reuters, January 2020
- Co-author, "Russia is Now Finally Closed for Arbitration Administered by Foreign Institutions," Arbitration Journal, March 2019
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.