Leo advises clients in the areas of funds, M&A and fund raisings. He has a particular focus on the alternative private investment funds sector and works closely with the firm's corporate and tax teams to assist clients raise, invest and manage capital both domestically and overseas in this sector. Leo also advises investors in such funds, including pension funds and sovereign wealth funds, and works closely with the firm's real estate and energy and infrastructure groups on complex mergers and acquisitions transactions.
Leo has extensive experience in Australian and US securities law matters (and is also admitted in New York). He has advised clients in equity and debt offerings in Australia and the United States, including issuers, underwriters and placement agents in SEC-registered public offerings, Rule 144A transactions and traditional private placements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising investment managers, pension funds and sovereign wealth funds on the acquisition, management and disposal of their Australian and international investments, which includes advising on all relevant regulatory requirements and co-investment and investment management arrangements.
- Advising financial investors on the management of their portfolio investments, including follow-on investments and acquisitions.
- Advising on domestic and cross-border capital markets, restructuring and merger transactions involving listed and unlisted REITS, investment funds and managers.
- Advising issuers, investment managers and independent trustees on the establishment and offering of funds and other investment and derivative products in Asia Pacific, Europe and the US.
- Advising investors in funds and other investment arrangements, including pension funds and sovereign wealth funds.
- Advising non-financial institution clients on M&A and other corporate transactions.
- Advising a range of clients on non-transactional matters such as regulatory compliance relating to funds management and financial services and corporate governance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales
- New York~United States (2008)
- New South Wales~Australia (2003)
- University of Technology Sydney (LL.B., 1st Class Honours) (2003)
- University of Technology Sydney (Bachelor of Business) (2003)