Pedro Antonio Vázquez Álvarez
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C.
Pedro is a mid-level associate in Baker McKenzie's Banking & Finance Practice Group in Mexico.
Prior joining the Firm, Pedro worked in the Energy & Infrastructure Practice, where he acquired experience on project finance and the development of infrastructure projects in Mexico.
Pedro focuses his practice on Banking & Finance and Corporate Law. He regularly advises Mexican and foreign companies and banks on transactional matters, including cross-border transactions, implementing and structuring guarantees, loans and their security interest documents.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in the placement and issuance of energy and infrastructure investment trust bonds (CBFE's) of a highway project concessionaire.
- Advised a Mexican company on the structuring of a syndicated loan granted abroad, as well as the granting of several guarantees in Mexico.
- Advised a foreign bank in the negotiation of the extension of a credit facility, as well as the granting of guarantees on inventories of the borrower in Mexico.
- Advised a Mexican company in the execution, development and construction of an oil storage terminal in Ensenada, Baja California.
- Advised a Mexican company in the execution, development and construction of an oil storage terminal in Lázaro Cárdenas, Michoacán.
- Advised a Mexican company in the execution, development and construction of a transloading terminal in Vallejo, Mexico City.
- Advised a Mexican company in the execution, development and construction of a transloading terminal in Hermosillo, Sonora.
- Participated in the negotiation and closing of a strategic alliance agreement with Cemex, S.A.B. de C.V. for the development of oil storage and/or transloading projects in multiple locations in Mexico.
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (Law Degree) (2019)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.