Juan Carlos Valles is a Partner from the Tax Practice Group, he regularly advises clients in the areas of international tax planning, permanent establishment, taxation of non-residents, cross-border transactions, corporate taxes, flat tax and value added tax. Mr. Valles previously work as a member of the Firm’s Foreign Trade and Customs Practice Group for several years, where he assisted several companies with legal advice on Mexico’s network of free trade agreements and other legal matters related to the international trade regulation and customs legislation.
Mr. Valles has participated in several complex and relevant litigation proceedings involving tax and customs matters, including a challenge on tax assessments of over USD100 million. He also has advised on the structuring of maquiladora operations, sale and distribution operations and other complex matters of multinational companies operating in Mexico.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Paso del Norte Group - Member
- Mexican Institute of Finance Executives - Vice President of Technical Committee (2011-2012)
- Mexican Institute of Finance Executives - President of Technical Committee in Juarez unit (2014-2015)
- National Association of Corporate Lawyers - Coordinator of the Customs Committee (2010-2012)
- Mexican Institute of Finance Executives - Coordinator of the Customs Committee (2010-2011)
- Mexico (1997)
- Columbia Law School (LL.M.) (2005)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (LL.M. International Commercial Law) (1999)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Law Degree) (1997)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.