Juan Carlos Valles is a Partner from the Tax Practice Group, he regularly advises clients in the areas of international tax planning, permanent establishment, taxation of non-residents, cross-border transactions, corporate taxes, flat tax and value added tax. Valles previously worked as a member of the Firm’s Foreign Trade and Customs Practice Group for several years, where he assisted several companies on Mexico’s network of free trade agreements and other legal matters related to the international trade regulation and customs legislation.
Juan Carlos Valles has participated in several complex and relevant litigation proceedings involving tax and customs matters, including a challenge on tax assessments of over USD 400 million. He also has advised on the structuring of maquiladora operations, sale and distribution operations and other complex matters of multinational companies operating in Mexico.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mexican Institute of Finance Executives - Former member, President of Local Juarez unit (2014-2015)
- National Association of Corporate Lawyers - Member
- National Chamber of the Maquiladora Association (INDEX) - Member of the national tax committee
- Mexico (1997)
- Columbia Law School (LL.M.) (2005)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (LL.M. International Commercial Law) (1999)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Law Degree) (1997)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.