Waratchaya Tungsuwan joined Baker McKenzie in 2005. She is active in corporate and mergers and acquisitions, healthcare and life sciences and natural resources. Her experience includes representing multinational clients with their operations in Thailand.
Waratchaya Tungsuwan advises on issues relevant to foreign investors, such as foreign investment laws, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate structures. She has also advised on the Foreign Business Act and Board of Investment promotion.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing a multinational animal feed manufacturer in the restructuring of its Thai subsidiaries through the entire business transfer scheme.
- Advising Hitachi Ltd in its acquisition of shares in Eternity Grand Logistics Public Company Ltd.
- Advising Nikkiso Co. Ltd in connection with the Thailand aspects of its global acquisition of Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) business from Baxter Healthcare Corporation at a purchase price of approximately JPY 3.8 billion. The target business provides medical equipment, solutions and supplies used for administering CRRT treatment in critically ill patients with acute kidney injuries.
- Representing a large number of multinational clients in relation to corporate restructuring, corporate registration and acquisition transactions.
- Advising on and handling corporate restructuring, integration, and mergers and acquisitions (both business/assets and shares) for various industries such as automotive, logistics, real estate, pharmaceutical and healthcare, sanitary; and pest control.
- Coordinating and conducting due diligence investigations, and preparing due diligence reports, in the areas of corporate, general commercial and labor law.
- Advising and representing foreign investors in their applications for Foreign Business Licenses; coordinating with officials at the Ministry of Commerce.
- Advising on restrictions, rules and requirements with respect to the Foreign Business Act, corporate law and Board of Investment promotion.
- Researching and providing legal advice and analyses on requirements for local and foreign companies with respect to issues surrounding registration, licensing and approval.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lawyers Council of Thailand
- Thai Bar Association
- Thailand (2008)
- University of London (Queen Mary) (LL.M. Commercial and Corporate Law ) (2013)
- Assumption University of Thailand (LL.B.) (2003)
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.