Magda Tovar joined Baker McKenzie in September 2019 as a Knowledge Lawyer for the Global Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry Group, covering healthcare and life sciences legal issues for -the EMEA region. She also supports the Industry Group at a global level on many knowledge management matters including thought leadership projects and global surveys.
Before joining Baker McKenzie, Magda was a senior legal adviser at the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for 16 years where she advised on a broad spectrum of matters related to EU pharmaceutical law, covering medicines for human and veterinary use. She represented the EMA in cases before the General Court and the Court of Justice of the European Union.
- Barcelona~Spain (1999)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LLM) (2003)
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Post Graduate Diploma Environmental and Urban Law) (1999)
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Master in Public Law and Administrative Organisation) (1998)
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Law Degree) (1997)
- Co-author, EMEA: Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Risk checklist for companies operating in the healthcare and life sciences sector, Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 16 April 2020
- Co-author, COVID-19 European Commission guidance on antitrust and medicines supply, Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 9 April 2020