Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Ed acted on the following matters:
Represented a wide range of defendants in more than a dozen class actions in both federal and state court alleging violations of California telephone recording laws.
Represented defendants in numerous federal court class and individual actions alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Represented the founder of a public company to recover damages caused by the company's interference with the founder's ability to sell his shares.
Defended a private investment fund from claims of securities fraud and insider trading.
Defended a securities broker-dealer in multiple proceedings involving auction rate securities including arbitrations and a class action.
Represented an SEC receiver in connection with recovering assets involved in a PONZI scheme.
Defended an international bank in a dispute over a EUR 500 million bond.
Represented a securities broker-dealer in a dispute over a USD 30 million collateralized debt obligation.
Defended numerous private investment funds and their advisors from claims of securities fraud and stock manipulation.
Represented an international bank in multiple actions arising from an international trade finance dispute.
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Southern California Super Lawyer, Securities Litigation
- Recipient, Burton Award for Legal Achievement, 2006
- Recipient, Highly Commended Award, Emerald Literati Network, 2007
- California~United States
- New York~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit~United States
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States
- Cornell Law School (JD magna cum laude, Order of the Coif) (1993)
- University of Southern California (BA International Relations magna cum laude) (1990)
- University of Kent at Canterbury (Diploma with merit) (1989)
- Presenter, "Class Actions," Los Angeles County Bar Association Nuts & Bolts Program for New Lawyers, 2009-2012
- Presenter, "Anatomy of a TCPA Class Action: Defense Strategies," Lawline Online CLE Course, 8 October 2015
- Co-author, "Fortress Decision Helps Temper Overzealous SEC Enforcement," Law360, October 2018
- Co-author, "SEC Fires Warning Shot Against 'Short and Distort' Schemes," Law360, September 2018
- Co-author, "COPPA: The Latest Chapter in Consumer Class Actions," Law 360, November 2017