Ella qualified into Baker McKenzie's Dispute Resolution department in March 2022. Prior to starting her training contract, she worked as a commercial litigation paralegal with another law firm, and before embarking on her legal career Ella was a communications professional in the third sector, working for and with a variety of charities including the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women, Environmental Defense Fund and the National Autistic Society. She is currently a member of the London office's Social Mobility Steering Committee.
Ella has worked on a wide range of litigation and arbitration matters (as well as several mediations), including franchise, product liability, banking and trust disputes. She has a particular interest in contentious private wealth work and has assisted on cases heard in numerous offshore jurisdictions. Notable matters on which she has assisted include the four-month trial period of a multibillion-dollar dispute in Bermuda, Hong Kong and the USA, seeking to set aside purpose trusts established by a family faction.
Representative Legal Matters
- Part of the team who represented the claimant in a multibillion-dollar dispute in Bermuda, Hong Kong and the USA, seeking to set aside purpose trusts established by a family faction.
- Acted for the claimant in a construction dispute in Qatar worth over USD 100 million, which settled before arbitration.
- Acted for the defendant on a case being heard in the DIFC court, relating to unpaid performance-based fees on a management consultancy project.
- Assisted on a product liability mediation for a high profile cosmetics company. The case was settled in one day with both parties having come to a mutually acceptable agreement on damages, costs and confidentiality
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2022)
- BPP University Law School, Leeds (Graduate Diploma in Law) (2020)
- BPP Law School, London Holborn (Legal Practice Course) (2020)
- St John's College - University of Oxford (BA in English Language & Literature ) (2013)
Firm Committee Memberships
- Member of Baker McKenzie's Social Mobility Steering Committee
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.