Kosuke Suzuki is a partner in the Firm's Banking & Finance group in Tokyo. He regularly advises clients on a wide range of finance and securitization matters. He was seconded to Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) in Singapore (Project Finance Group) for 1 year, where he was in charge of international project finance matters. He was also seconded to Nippon Export and Investment Insurance (NEXI) for 2 years, where he was in charge of international project finance matters. Kosuke is a member of the Engineering Advancement Association of Japan (ENNA).
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for international or domestic sponsors or lenders, advised on a large number of solar power projects and biomass power projects.
- Advised a number of clients on PFI matters and DBO issues involving hospitals, water treatment plants, waste disposal facilities, elementary schools, feeding centers, prisons, broad area interchange centers, housing for government workers, aquariums, museums, passenger terminals, funeral facilities, Diet members' buildings, and airport.
- Advised on project finance and M&A matters involving a biomass power plant and a hydropower plant.
- Acting for sponsors and lenders, advised on M&A finance transactions, including MBO, LBO and TOB.
- Advised on overseas infrastructure PPP matters, including ODA, in Southeast Asia.
- Advised on geothermal power project and LNG projects in Indonesia, solar power project in India, wind power project in Egypt, solar power project in Chie, gas-fired combined cycle power plant projects in Thailand (he was in charge of these projects at the companies where he was seconded).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Engineering Advancement Association of Japan (ENNA) - Member
- Japan (2006)
- Boston University (LLM) (2013)
- Senshu University (LL.B.) (2005)
Author "Project Finance (Japan), Getting the Deal Through", 2019, Language: English
Author "A Strategic Manual for Creditors in Bankruptcy Proceedings", Nikkei Publishing Inc., January 2010, Language: Japanese
Navigating International Project Finance”, Invitation to Baker McKenzie’s Seminar Series, March 2019.
Overview and recent trends on PPP Regulations in ASEAN Counties, the Asia Pacific PPP Promotion Council, March 2019.