Chaiporn Supvoranid joined Baker McKenzie in 1996, and is currently a member of the Firm’s Dispute Resolution and Labour & Employment Practice Groups in Bangkok. A seasoned litigator, Mr. Supvoranid acts as a trusted adviser to numerous domestic and international clients.
Representative Legal Matters
Acted as co-counsel, representing a multinational mobile phone company in a benchmark product liability lawsuit involving a battery explosion incident brought by the Consumer Protection Board.
Represented an international manufacturer in product liability claims, playing a key role in negotiations with the consumer group.
Represented major domestic and international clients in commercial claims and contractual disputes, both before the Thai courts and in various arbitration forums.
Represented a major international engineering and construction firm in arbitration proceedings with a Thai government entity, involving the design and installation of the largest interceptor sewer project in Thailand.
- Acted on behalf of employers in a variety of labour disputes, at stages ranging from negotiations to court proceedings.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (1996)
- Sasin Graduate Institute (M.M.) (2003)
- New York University (LL.M.) (2001)
- University of Pennsylvania (LL.M.) (2000)
- Institute of Legal Education (Barrister-at-Law) (1996)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B.) (1995)