Nell Slochowski is an associate in the Employment and Compensation Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Toronto office. Nell focuses her practice on Canadian Immigration law, with extensive experience in the area of permanent residence and citizenship applications. She also has experience with temporary residence applications, as well as more complex inadmissibility matters. Prior to joining the Firm, Nell gained experience as a Manager Lawyer at a leading global immigration law firm in Toronto. Immigration law has been Nell's passion since she graduated from law school at Queen's University.
Nell regularly advises her corporate clients on the optimal legal strategy in support of their global mobility interests and the relocation of their employees to Canada. Nell ensures that her clients understand the eligibility requirements and processes for a wide variety of corporate immigration application types, including Express Entry, Provincial Nomination Programs, Labour Market Impact Assessments, and Work Permits. With experience supporting clients in various industries including financial services, energy and infrastructure, manufacturing, and information technology, Nell is aware of the unique needs and priorities in each area, and the most effective solutions to each immigration issue.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising multinational corporations on the optimal legal strategy for their employees to relocate to, and/or extend their status in Canada.
- Establishing precedents for complex cases by successfully applying immigration law in unique ways to achieve the desired results.
- Providing clear communication to clients in person and via telephone or email, ensuring that clients feel reassured and supported throughout the immigration process.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario~Canada (2015)
- Queen's University (JD) (2014)
- McGill University (BA) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.