Ben is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie’s London office, having joined the Firm as a trainee in 2008. He advises on data protection, e-commerce consumer law, as well as immersive technologies and video games. He has obtained the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) certification.
Ben advises clients in a wide range of industry sectors, focusing in particular on data protection compliance, including healthcare, financial services, adtech, video games, consumer and business-to-business organisations.
Ben regularly assists clients with global data protection compliance projects and assessments as well as specific data protection challenges such as international transfers and data security breaches. Ben is also regularly involved in drafting and negotiating data protection clauses in agreements for various clients in a wide range of industry sectors. Ben also regularly advises clients on electronic direct marketing and cookies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Conducting data protection compliance audits and assessments for clients in various industries, including car rental, car manufacturing, air travel, financial services, consumer goods and trustees of pension schemes.
- Coordinating global data privacy advice in connection with biometric authentication technologies.
- Assisting organisations with data protection compliance in the context of adtech solutions.
- Advising a medical devices company on strategic as well as day-to-day privacy compliance, including apps, privacy notices and data processing agreements.
- Advising on data protection compliance in the context of mobile apps and games used by children.
- Assisting organisations with putting in place data protection tool kits in the context of M&A transactions, and assisting with post-acquisition integration from a data protection perspective.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on data protection clauses in various types of agreements, both from a data controller and data processor perspective.
- Advising various clients with direct marketing, cookies and online behavioural advertising issues.
- Advising on data security breaches and incident response.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2010)
- College of Law (Legal Practice Course Distinction) (2008)
- London School of Economics (First Class LLB) (2007)