Baker & McKenzie s.r.o., advokátní kancelář
Slavomír Slávik heads the Firm's Restructuring & Insolvency Practice Group in Prague.
Slavomír specializes in restructuring and insolvency matters. He advises on distressed pre-insolvency restructurings as well as insolvency reorganizations and bankruptcies. Slavomír provides advice to debtors, creditors, insolvency administrators and also investors and his expertise covers all aspects of insolvency law.
Slavomír also provides comprehensive advice in the area of M&A. Moreover, Slavomír provides legal consultancy in proceedings before civil courts and in both domestic and international arbitrations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing the insolvency administrator of Sberbank CZ, a.s. v likvidaci appointed by the Czech National Bank in relation to liquidation of the entire banking operations of Sberbank CZ, a.s. v likvidaci following withdrawal of its banking license by the regulator and in the subsequent insolvency proceedings.
- Represented the insolvency administrator of ERB bank, a.s. in relation to liquidation of the entire banking operations of ERB bank, a.s. following withdrawal of its banking license by the regulator and in the subsequent insolvency proceedings.
- Advised a major financial institution in connection with insolvency and debt restructuring of financing for certain companies of Vítkovice Machinery Group, a Czech engineering group specializing in large investment assemblies.
- Advised a Chinese investment conglomerate on the acquisition of distressed debts of another Chinese company in the Czech Republic, restructuring of those debts and the respective security package.
- Represented a holding company in connection with the restructuring of shareholding in a Czech TV station and in a large Czech broker of advertising media.
- Represented a holding company in connection with the restructuring of shareholding in a Czech airline operator.
- Acted for Česká exportní banka in connection with the insolvency of ECM Real Estate AG and ECM China, including representation of the client in Czech insolvency proceedings and related litigations.
- Advised the purchaser, a Luxembourg based agro-processing company Moulins de Kleinbettingen, in connection with the takeover of a major Czech bakery group from its current majority owner, including related negotiations of standstill and financial restructuring with the syndicate of financing banks.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Czech Bar Association
- Czech Republic (2019)
- Charles University, Prague (Master's Degree Law, summa cum laude) (2015)
- University College Dublin (2015)
- McGill University, Montreal (2014)
Baker & McKenzie s.r.o., advokátní kancelář is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.