Baker & McKenzie s.r.o., advokátní kancelář
Tomáš Skoumal heads the Firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Department in Prague. He has been recognized for his proficiency in his area of practice by Chambers Global, Legal 500 and International Financial Law Review.
Tomáš has vast experience with all aspects of M&A, private equity and corporate restructuring in various CEE jurisdictions (including Slovakia, Poland, Germany and Austria) as well as in former Yugoslavia, and represents public and private companies on a wide range of mergers and acquisitions across a diverse range of industries. Tomáš focuses in particular on complex cross-border M&A assignments, energy and infrastructure related assignments and transactions in healthcare/pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and educational sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for the Bidvest Group on acquisition of two food processing and distribution companies - Nowaco Czech Republic s.r.o. (in the Czech Republic) and Farutex Sp.z o.o. (in Poland).
- Advising Sika AG and its Czech subsidiary on the acquisition of KVK Holding a.s. and its subsidiaries including Krkonošské vápenky Kunčice, a.s. and KVK PARABIT, a.s.
- Acted for the seller in connection with sale of 100 percent of Radiokomunikace a.s. and 39.2 percent of T-Mobile Czech Republic a.s. to a consortium of private equity investors.
- Acted for Aqualia Gestion Integral Del Aqua, S.A., a member of the FCC Group, on acquisition from Penta Investments group entity of a 98.5 percent stake in Severomoravske vodovody a kanalizace Ostrava a.s. (SmVaK) and on subsequent mandatory tender offer to minority shareholders of SmVaK.
- Advised Energeticky a prumyslovy holding, a.s. in connection with the acquisition (via Slovak Gas Holding B.V.) of 49 percent share (and management control) in SPP (Slovenský plynárenský priemysel a.s.) from Gaz De France and EON.
- Advised Energeticky a prumyslovy holding, a.s. in connection with acquisition of 49 percent share (and management control) in SSE (Stredoslovenská energetika, a.s.) from Electricité De France.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Czech Bar Association
- Czech Republic (2001)
- Charles University, Prague (Mgr.) (1997)
- University of Wales (Diploma Law) (1995)
Baker & McKenzie s.r.o., advokátní kancelář is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.