Kela Shang is a partner in the Firm’s Palo Alto office and a member of the Global Equity Services Practice Group. He regularly assists public and private companies in offering their employee equity plans around the world. Mr. Shang is currently a member of the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals and the Global Equity Organization.
Mr. Shang advises multinational companies on the implementation and ongoing compliance of their equity compensation plans, dealing with issues such as securities law compliance, local and cross-border tax obligations, data privacy, exchange control and labor law compliance. He also advises companies on the effects of mergers, reorganizations, spin-offs and other corporate adjustments on their equity programs.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals
- Global Equity Organization
- California~United States (2012)
- Virginia~United States (2010)
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D. cum laude) (2010)
- Stanford University (Ph.D.) (2007)
- Peking University (LL.B., B.A.) (2002)
- San Francisco